Health insurance for your 482 Temporary Skill Shortage visa
Are you travelling to Australia on a 482 Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa?
We offer Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC) for international visitors on the 482 Temporary Skill Shortage visa. Our OVHC is Australia-wide and lets you access medical and health cover if something happens during your stay.
The Department of Home Affairs requires TSS visa holders to take out health insurance each time they travel to Australia.
About the 482 Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa
The Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa allows workers to travel to Australia to work in their nominated occupation for their approved sponsor. This visa replaces the 457 Skilled Temporary Work visa.
For more information, visit the Department of Home Affairs website.
Who can be covered?
A single policy will provide cover for the primary visa holder only. This policy will not cover dependants, spouses or children. If your situation changes, you will need to update your policy.*
Dual family policy
A dual family policy provides cover for the primary visa holder or either one adult spouse or de facto partner or one or more children under the age of 18 years old.
A multi-family policy provides cover for the primary visa holder, one adult spouse or de facto partner and one or more dependant children under the age of 18 years old.
Other visas we cover
- 500 Student Visa
- 188 Business Innovation & Investment (Provisional)
- 400 Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity)
- 401 Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity)
- 402 Training and Research
- 403 Temporary Work (International Relations)
- 407 Training
- 408 Temporary Activity
- 416 Seasonal Worker Program
- 457 Skilled Temporary Work
- 461 New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship Visa
- 476 Skilled Recognised Graduate
- 482 Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS)
- 485 Temporary Graduate
- 489 Skilled Regional (Provisional)
- 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional)
- 300 Prospective Marriage Visa
- 580 Guardian Visa
- 590 Student Guardian Visa
- 600 Visitor
- 601 Electronic Travel Authority
- 651 eVisitor
- 870 Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa
Working holiday visas
- 417 Working Holiday
- 462 Work and Holiday
- Second Working Holiday Visa
- 010 Bridging Visa A (BVA)
- 020 Bridging Visa B (BVB)
- 030 Bridging Visa C (BVC)