- 2023-24 Tasmanian Skilled Migration State Nomination ProgramThe Migration Tasmania Application Gateway is currently undergoing maintenance and updates and is not currently available to submit Registrations of Interest or lodge applications for nomination. It is expected to be available again by 4pm on Friday 7 July 2023.
We will advise via our website and in a future update if the Gateway is available before this time.
New features of the Skilled Migration State Nomination Program for 2023-24
Only minimal changes have been made to the program for 2023-24. New minimum eligibility requirements and priority attributes will apply to ROIs and applications submitted from 3 July 2023. In cases where new requirements are likely to be beneficial, candidates may wish to withdraw their current ROI and submit a new one once the Gateway is available.
- Extending eligibility for subclass 190 nomination to all occupations in the Tasmanian Skilled Employment pathway
- An updated Tasmanian Onshore Skilled Occupation List
- Changes to requirements for massage therapists
- Changes to income thresholds based on updates to Australian median and average earnings and the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold
- Minor changes to priority attributes
- More detailed policy guidance in the Additional Information, Exclusions and Definitions section of the Migration Tasmania website
The service fee to apply for nomination has increased to $330 (including GST). There is no charge to submit a Registration of Interest
Detailed information about the changes can be found HERE.
Applications lodged before 1 July 2023
Applications for nomination that have been lodged but not decided before 1 July 2023 will continue to be processed against the requirements that were in place at the time of application. If approved, they will be nominated in SkillSelect after the Australian Government provides 2023-24 program year nomination allocations.
Registrations of Interest submitted before 1 July 2023
Registrations of Interest (ROIs) submitted before 1 July 2023 will remain valid for the 2023-24 program year.
If invited to apply for nomination the requirements and settings that were in place at the time of ROI submission will apply.
Applications lodged after 1 July 2023
The Australian Government has not yet confirmed nomination allocations for the 2023-24 program year. Successful applications for Tasmanian nomination lodged after 1 July 2023 will be nominated in SkillSelect after t 2023-24 program year allocations are confirmed.
Detailed information can be found on: 3846221.pdf (mailsnd.com)
For detailed information and recent updates please visit Migration Tasmania website from time to time.